How do you share your journey? This is a hard one. You’ll probably find that you move through different phases of what you want to share, who you want to share it with, and what you want from others and when. It can leave you feeling quite alone. How do you navigate this crazy space?There are times when you feel:
- You don’t want to share as once you have, they seem to only talk to you about ivf and it leaves you feeling very one dimensional socially
- Having had a negative result(s), you aren’t inclined to keep sharing all the stages of the process in case you get the same result again
- You really want someone involved but don’t know how to bring them ‘on board’
- If you do share your personal struggle with infertility, you open yourself up to being hurt by what the other person says or even, doesn’t say.
SO….All of the above are stages that you will no doubt vacillate through during the process. This, coupled with all the emotions that each part of each process brings, isn’t helped by all the chemicals neither.It’s a confusing space to navigate. And you can look forward to this being your reality the whole way through. There’s no golden answer – sorry! But at least here are a few tips that might help you.Tips:
- Don’t judge yourself
- Know that the phase will pass
- People that haven’t gone through IVF, no matter how hard they try and understand, will never fully get it. Try hard not to judge them neither
- Different people come into your life at different points for different reasons
This is why I encourage you to join a support group and get yourself a psychologist.
- A support group will help you connect with people that are going through what you are going through. Inbox me for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A psychologist will help you better navigate the emotional, mental and physical landmines you’re going through
Don’t forget, someone that may not ‘get it’ could become your best babysitter later Feel welcome to send me an email (email@example.com) or Facebook message (https://www.facebook.com/IVFSupportSA/) should you have any further questions.And above all, don’t forget…You are not alone.